The Difference Card announces new partnership with GoodCell: A blood-based health screening company
The Difference Card is now offering opportunities for members to use their tax-free Flexible Spending Accounts or Health Savings Accounts to purchase discounted preventative health services through GoodCell.
The Difference Card is partnering with GoodCell to help members take a proactive approach to their health and well-being. This partnership will enable members to obtain at a discounted rate for blood-based health screenings, genetic testing and biobanking that can help identify risks and improve early detection of health conditions.
GoodCell services can be purchased using funds from a member’s Difference Card Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account if they choose.
What is GoodCell?
GoodCell empowers individuals to live longer and healthier lives with a medically actionable service that identifies, tracks and helps mitigate health risks. Driven by mounting evidence in support of cellular therapy, the company offers the only holistic solution that taps genetic and biological information as well as banked stem cells for potential use in the future. Committed to shaping the future of personalized health as today’s science becomes tomorrow’s medicine, GoodCell is led by a founding team of science and technology innovators with a diverse set of medical research.
GoodCell’s services include a unique combination of personal biobanking, genetic testing and health screenings.
Unlike most tests which are saliva based, The Difference Card is bringing to market blood-based tests which provide greater precision and are accompanied by genetic counseling services when needed.
This partnership will provide members with completely confidential genetic tests that assesses 59 genes selected by the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG). Harmful changes in these genes have an established association with major diseases, including hereditary breast cancer and ovarian cancer, and cardiovascular conditions.
Through comprehensive, curated blood tests, GoodCell provides a deeper analysis into individual health using the same blood drawn for the GoodCell genetic test and personal biobanking. These tests for certain biomarkers in blood can identify undiagnosed early stages of other health concerns such as heart disease, diabetes, conditions linked to chronic inflammation, and brain health.
Why GoodCell Testing?
- Early detection saves lives. Survival rates improve dramatically when a disease is diagnosed early.
- We can equalize access to all populations by putting testing directly in the hands of consumers.
- Early detection can save money. According to the CDC, 90% of healthcare expenditures are for people with chronic conditions such as obesity, heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
GoodCell services from The Difference Card are completely voluntary and results will not be shared with employers or brokers or used in underwriting of group rates. All results are provided to members in easy-to-understand language through a secure GoodCell Dashboard
GoodCell Discount for Difference Card Members
Members are additionally provided genetic counseling if interested. GoodCell’s services are FSA and HSA eligible, enabling members to use their pre-tax dollars to pay for these services.
Difference Card members can receive a 10% discount for GoodCell services. Members will be sent an email communication that contains access to the coupon code!
The Difference Card mission is to help employers save money on health insurance, without having to shift costs to employees.
Over the years, Difference Card has expanded cost containment strategies to include product offerings via tax-favored accounts, such as Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Health Reimbursement Arrangements, and proprietary wellness solutions that offer deductible offsets for completing heath risk assessments and participating in educational sessions.
Now, the Difference Card is partnering with Good Cell to expand early detection options for members.
How to Sign Up for GoodCell
Sign-up for GoodCell Account
- Click Shop GoodCell
- Enter in your email and create a password to set up your account.
- Within 24 hours, you will receive an email from the GoodCell support team to activate your account.
- Once your account is activated, you will be receiving an email from a GoodCell Member Relationship Manager that will walk you through the steps on how to start your subscription.
Start Your GoodCell Subscription
- Sign into your new GoodCell account.
- Click: Start My Subscription.
- On the next page, click the sign up today button to get started. Add your new membership to your cart by clicking: Add to Order.
- Don’t forget to input your coupon code from your email to receive your 10% discount.
- Complete the required fields under Billing Details.
Please note: Because this is a Subscription service, you will be asked to enter a credit card to continue. You can enter your Difference Card!
- Click the Continue Subscription Set Up button to complete your order.
After you complete these steps, GoodCell will mail you a GoodCell Kit and send you email updates throughout your journey.
What to Expect After Signing Up
- An email will notify you that you GoodCell Kit has shipped.
- Schedule your Blood Draw following the instructions in your welcome email.
- After your blood is drawn, it will be analyzed and processed for storage. Results from the initial blood collection will reveal your stored materials (cells, DNA and plasma) and blood type.In addition, they will perform the GoodCell General Health Panel. These results will be made available via the Dashboard as soon as they are complete.
- GoodCell will advise you when your GoodCell General Health Panel results are available in the GoodCell Dashboard.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your GoodCell Member Relationship Manager.
The Difference Card is proud to be bringing this innovative service to market that can help make a difference in our members health and well-being. Click here to get started with your GoodCell journey today.