Reminder: The Difference Card is Moving to a New HSA Investment Experience for Members
On January 5, 2022, we launched The Difference Card HSA investment solution.
A new HSA investment experience that makes it easier for investors of every experience level to work toward their long-term financial goals.
Key benefits of our new investment solution
- Deliver a unique HSA experience that supports your employees through all stages of healthcare transactions – spending, saving and investing.
- Provide your employees with an integrated, modern HSA investment solution that not only allows them to manage their investments within the same portal they use to manage their HSA but also helps them understand the value of investing and work toward their long-term investing goals.
- Whether your employees are new to investing and seeking a guided experience or seasoned investors looking to research and trade stocks and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) available on the platform, you will be able to offer your employees an investment journey that is aligned with their individual needs.
- HSA investment accounts are opened in real time, transactions are made in real time and account data is viewed in real time, which means your employees have full transparency into their assets and allocations.
What are the key features?
- Three unique investment paths: Managed, Self-Directed and Brokerage.
- Real-time trading: A full suite of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) traded in real time provides your employees with lower costs. When an employee’s balance exceeds $1000, they can immediately move assets into their investment account, rather than waiting the 24-48 hours that is common in other investment platforms.
- Fractional trading: Employees can buy fractional shares of desired ETFs and stocks up to 8 decimal points (versus 3 decimal points at Schwab and TD Ameritrade).
Read all about this new solution by clicking the button below.
When is this happening?
The transition will effect those employees who opened a Difference Card HSA investment account prior to January 5, 2022.
In preparation for gaining access to the new solution, impacted employees will have their investment funds liquidated and disbursed into their cash account from May 23-27, 2022.
To ensure impacted employees are aware of this action, they will be notified 30 days in advance of the liquidation.
Beginning April 8, 2022, WealthCare Saver account holders with Devenir investment accounts will be notified of the transition to the WealthCare Saver investment solution. This notification, as well as all other conversion communications, are delivered via both printed letter and email.
Once their funds are liquidated, they will have the ability to open a new investment account on June 1, 2022, via the WealthCare Saver investment solution. They will not be assessed a fee for this change and there is no direct action they need to take.
Interested in learning more?
We are excited about this upcoming change and confident it will help you deliver an enhanced HSA experience to your employees.
To help answer any questions you may have and help you communicate information about the new HSA experience to your employees, you can download a sample communication that can be sent to employees.
In addition, here are some helpful documents for you: